If two weeks after the end of Brussels’ Book Fair at Tour and Taxis you still find yourself suffering from book withdrawal, maybe it’s time to go exploring some of Belgium’s beautiful spaces devoted to the written word: its libraries.All over the country, public and private, standing alone or in museums or cultural centres, there peaceful, elegant spaces for your to lose yourself the stacks, stick your nose in a book and soak up some history and culture as the same time. Here are six of the loveliest libraries of Belgium.
1. University of Leuven Central Library, Mgr. Ladeuzeplein 21, 3000 Leuven
2. Plantin-Moretus Printing Museum, Vrijdagmarkt 22-23, 2000 Antwerp
3. Hendrik Conscience Heritage Library, Hendrik Conscienceplein 4, 2000 Antwerp
4. Royal Library of Belgium, Boulevard de l’Empereur 2, 1000 Brussels
5. Library of the National Bank of Belgium, Rue Montagne aux Herbes Potagères 57, 1000 Brussels
6. Solvay Library, Rue Belliard 137, 1040 Brussels